A fabulous location for walkers, bird watchers and beach lovers
Cliff Cottage is uniquely situated almost on the beach of a pretty little cove protected and safe for swimming. The National Park coast path runs past the door. Skomer Island boat trips leave from Martin’s Haven just ten minuets away. Puffin Shuttle runs a coastal bus service only a short walk from the cottage.
A great place for seal spotting and bird watching, walking the coast path, building dams in the stream, exploring ancient walk ways to the nearest village 3 miles away, discovering rock pools and the nearby church. Beyond the beach a sweeping drive stretches up to the grand old castle once belonging to Lord Kensington.
The accommodation available for let dates back to the 1700’s when fishermen lived in what was then two small dwellings. Now well equipped and comfortably furnished the accommodation has been made into one cottage. It still retains many traditional features and of course sea views from most of its south facing windows. It is a warm cosy base for a small family or peaceful retreat for solitary privacy.
Please be aware that the lower room and attic above are not for let. This Is Jo’s Art Studio. She regularly uses this space and the family visit occasionally to use the area immediately outside for BBQ’s.
Sleeps: 5/7 (Please ask when booking if you require sofa bed)
- Double: 1
- Triple bedroom: 3 single beds
- Sofa bed: in sitting room
- Bathroom: Mixer shower on bath taps. Shower.
- Toilet: 2
- Mod cons: Dishwasher, Washing Machine, TV, DVD, Wifi
- Heating: gas central heating, wood-burner included in the price (First log basket is free)
- Cooking: Rayburn, electric hob, microwave
- Electricity: included in the price
- Children: yes very welcome
- Cot: 1 cot available at the property by prior arrangement
- Facilities: Beach, private garden, parking. The Puffin Bus passes nearby – this is a free service that takes passengers along coastal roads to numerous destinations.
- Pets: Yes, please ask and let us know if you intend bringing your pet. We ask that dogs are kept strictly to the tiled areas of the house (kitchen, utility and halls) Please note that they are not welcome in the bedrooms or sitting-room.
- Linen: currently not provided
- Access statement available on request
- Arrival Day: Saturday
- Arrival Time: from 2pm
- Departure Time: by 10 am
- Deposit: 20% on booking and the remainder to be paid in the week prior to arrival.
Cliff Cottage is accessed over a private tree and shrub lined drive and there is ample parking for two cars. The informal grounds are gardened to a minimum to encourage wildlife and to effect little impact on the beautiful natural surroundings of the haven. However there is a stone paved terrace to the front of the cottage and two private grassed areas behind the cottage. There is an outside picnic table where it is possible to sit and enjoy morning coffee or an evening barbecue. Across the bay the view takes in the sweeping drive up to St. Brides Castle. The coast path runs close to the low perimeter wall over which there are stone steps giving access to the beach.